Friday, October 31st 2014, 7:47am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kim.lillas

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 9th 2012

Friday, March 9th 2012, 12:38pm

Unsecure chip in stand-alone mode?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to configure the stand-alone mode to do an "Unsecure chip" command on locked controllers before attempting to load new firmware?
Everything I have tried just results in a failed attempt and the following log message:
"SN: 2 - Failed"

Cheers,
Kim

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Friday, March 9th 2012, 12:43pm

Hi Kim,

This is done automatically by Flasher ARM if unsecure if supported for the used algorithm.
Which device do you use?

Best regards
Alex

kim.lillas

Beginner

Friday, March 9th 2012, 1:02pm

Hi Alex,

I am working against an ST STM32F10xxG with the Flasher ARM with latest firmware (downloaded and FW-upgraded today)

When I choose "Unsecure chip" in PC program it works, the controller resets and can be re-programmed.
If I choose "Download to programmer" and later try to program an empty controller through stand-alone mode it works just fine.
If I choose "Download to programmer" and later try to program a controller with locked firmware I just get the red "Fail" LED almost instantly and the controller is still running.

I am attaching the project-file for you.

Any ideas?

Edit: Loading new FW through Stand-alone mode works if the controller is running firmware in unsecure mode. But I need, if possible, to get it to work with a secured controller.
kim.lillas has attached the following file:
  • Default.zip (961 Byte - 124 times downloaded - Last download: Oct 28th 2014, 9:02am)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "kim.lillas" (Mar 9th 2012, 1:11pm)

kim.lillas

Beginner

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 10:05am

Is it possible to do an unsecure chip in stand-alone mode with this microcontroller?

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 9:01am

Hi Kim,

As previously mentioned, an unsecure will be done automatically in stand-alone mode
before the programming operation takes action.
We will give it a try here too and check if we can reproduce it.

Best regards
Alex

kim.lillas

Beginner

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 11:27am

Still working on this issue

Hello,

I'm back to this issue again, I've tried with the latest firmware in the programmers but still it is the same.

I came to think about an old programmer we bought years ago which I seem to remember could manage an unlock of a locked meter. I took a new programmer and downgraded it to version 4.28. Sure enough, it began to unlock the locked microcontrollers and it was possible to re-program them.

This is how it works right now:
Downgrade to version 4.28
Perform a download to programmer of the firmware I wish to send to the microcontroller
Run the programmer from a power-outlet to activate stand-alone
Push button once, it will result in a red light after a few seconds (but the controller will become unlocked)
Restart microcontroller and push button one more time, this will successfully load the firmware onto the controller

This does not work with any version after 4.28, why is that?

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Friday, March 8th 2013, 2:49pm

Hi Kim,

We tried reproducing the problem here.

Because we do not have a STM32F101 in house, we tested with a STM32F103,
which has the same unlock sequence.

With the current soft- and firmware version the unsecure of a secured device worked as expected.

Could you please give the current version a new try with the sample project for your device
which is located at: <JLinkSoftwareFolder>\Samples\JFlash\ProjectFiles

Best regards
Johannes